- This event has passed.
2-Part IEP Workshop (part 1)
September 28 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pmFree
Part 1: Understanding Your Rights and Recognizing Red Flags (free)
12:00 – 1:30 PM
For parents new to special ed and for those looking for a refresher on the many moving parts of special education law and IEPs
Join us for an overview of the Individualized Education Program (IEP) process and learn about your student’s right to special education services.
- Find out how to get services for your student
- Learn how IEPs work section-by-section
- Make a plan for your next meeting with the school
Part 2: Advanced Advocacy Strategies ($50)
12:00 – 2:00 PM
For parents who have experience with IEPs or are new to IEPs but have completed Part 1Join us for an in-depth discussion on knowing your rights and feeling empowered to use them.
Join us for an in-depth discussion on knowing your rights and feeling empowered to use them.
- Learn our favorite strategies for influencing the IEP process
- Prioritize your needs to avoid wasting time
- Understand when an advocate or attorney can help
About the Speakers
Attorney, Matt Cohen & Associates
Will has extensive experience with issue assessment and resolution, compensatory education, and Chicago Public Schools
Advocate, Matt Cohen & Associates
Elizabeth’s experience includes 10+ years as a special ed teacher and broad experience with advocacy